Scribante Group, (a BBBEE Level 4 Contributor), is a group of companies active throughout South Africa in the following fields:
Scribante Africa Mining (PTY) LTD
(a BBBEE Level 2 Contributor)
Mining - Open Cast
The following operations are carried out for clients such as BHP Billiton, Impala, Aquarius, North Cape Mining, Anglo Coal and Richards Bay Minerals.
- Topsoil and Overburden Strip
- Open Cast Mining
- Topsoil Placement
- Prospecting Box Cuts
- Sand Dune Mining
- Material Handling
- Tailings Dams
The following operations are carried out for clients such as Anglo Coal, Xstrata, Platinum Group Metals, Aquarius Platinum, BHP Billiton, Impala, Wesizwe Platinum Metal Group, Metix, Bateman, Goldone, Uranium One, Alusaf and Richards Bay Minerals.
- New platforms for and lay down areas for new mining projects
- Temporary and permanent access/haul roads and associated stormwater / services.
- Box cuts for new mining portals (including blasting and temporary wall support).
- Water pipelines.
- Stormwater pollution control dams
- Drainage channels and berms
- Major diversion stormwater canals
- Railway lines and sidings
- Mining Structures
- Bulk Earthworks
- Roadworks & Services
- Railway Lines
- Concrete Works
Scribante has offices in KwaZulu-Natal (Richards Bay), Gauteng (Midrand), Mpumalanga (Middelburg) and in the North West Province (Rustenburg).
Scribante was founded in 1933 and is today one of the largest private companies in South Africa. The company prides itself in the following attributes:
- Excellent safety record.
- Delivery of quality work within budget and on time.
- Excellent technical and engineering skills for planning, programming, budgets and execution of works.
- Professionalism in dealing with client needs.
- Large contingent of company owned plant and equipment.